Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stripperella

Caterpillars. That's what my guts felt like as I traveled to work in the back of my friend's car. They were wiggling, jiggling and making me want to puke. Then they cocooned their selves and my nerves were at ease for the moment. We stopped at the gas station to pick up some gum and those damn caterpillars turned into butterflies were they fluttered in my stomach until I opened the two sets of metal doors. Walking up stairs to the office I passed a mirror. My hair looked good, my outfit was cute. I had gotten a text earlier in the day from the head honcho "Just a reminder ladies, tonight is our back to school naughty school girl party" which had thrown me into panic because I had already picked my outfit and needed to start over. Clothes were flying in the air as I went through my laundry basket that I still had yet to fold or hang and put away. Naughty School Girl, Naughty School Girl GAAAH! I have nothing school girl-ish. I need to go shopping. Luckily I managed to settle with a purple and black plaid business shirt that has a black 'belt' and luckily if I unbutton the only two buttons it gave a nice view of my cleavage. A pair of white shorts and some black heels, curly hair and I was good to go. I decided to pick up all the clothes later when I got home but I didn't. Instead I went straight for the bath room and took a steaming hot bath. It felt amazing. I turned the events of the night over in my head while I deeply and meditatively breathed. Once an hour we have a 'cock tail dance' to get the customers amped. The faces of the other cock tails don't match up with names just yet but that will come in time. Don't piss off the bar tenders, or the other cock tails, or the dancers. Beer prices jumped a quarter and dancer's drinks became one big jungle juice party in my head. I didn't spill any drinks but I did mess up one beer, instead of a bud light, I had asked for a Budweiser and the female customer got upset, back to the bar I went mad at myself because that was going to be money out of my tips. Apparently I was pouting and one of the regulars asked me what was wrong I told him I made a mistake and asked for the wrong beverage. He knew what that meant and quickly pulled out his wallet and purchased the beer from me and gave me an extra dollar tip. That isn't always going to happen so I need to be more careful next time, listen more closely. I thanked him "Don't worry about it, people are too picky about beer when it all does the same thing." He smiled at me and winked. Last thing I need to do is abuse alcohol by pouring it down the drain and then having to pay for it with my own tips.  "Need to split your tips into two piles, fold them in half and then shove them into the sides of your bra." The little bouncing bar tender was leaning over the bar and motioning with her hands the placement of where to put the folds of ones, fives and tens. I looked down at my breasts. I don't have a large chest so that little tip was actually a huge help, I did as she said and she gave me a thumbs up "Niiiice!" her smile was beautiful "Anything you gotta do to pull in the money, honey!" My breasts did look larger, "Now when you talk to the customers sitting in the chairs, lean down so they can see down your shirt." five dollar tip "And if they engage in conversation crouch down so that their face is above yours and they see down your shirt and some legs" three dollar tip and a drink order from the man who saw my thong as he sat behind me. "Be flirtatious!" two dollar tip "Dance when you walk!" two invitations to be danced with "Smile.. with your eyes!!" a phone number. "Snag and hook your customers with your charisma" Repeat orders, multiple tips, more phone numbers, an invite home, more tips, a playful side hug and a offer to have breakfast in bed. I smiled to myself as I washed the water over my shoulder and back. Then I recalled the twist of my stomach when I saw some guys whom I had gone to high school with. This town is small. Too small. I fondly and often angrily refer to it as a fish bowl. The last thing I wanted to do was run into guys from high school, no scratch that, the last thing I wanted to do was run into guys' girl friends from high school. two sometimes three kids later wearing shirts that are too tight and accentuate how fat they are even though the main reason they squeezed into it in the first place was to feel smaller. While I'm standing in a shirt that shows off my breasts, wearing short shorts and heels that elongate my legs. I could feel their hatred penetrate me from across the bar. Every time I walked by their eyes were on me even though I intentionally kept my attention averted else where. I can feel it, the rumors and going to start flying. That's another thing about this town, once someone finds out about some dirty little secret, it's only a matter of time before every one knows it. "You're a stripper." it sounded more like an accusation rather than a question. "No, I'm a cock tail waitress." I grabbed the steins I just ordered for a table of two older gentlemen and turned on my heels, as I did so I made eye contact with one of the guys I went to high school with, the guy who asked me if I was a stripper. He clapped his hands together and licked his lips "Shame, I was hoping to get to see more of you." he looked me up and down and nodded his head. "Excuse me, I have work to do." Even sitting in the bath tub thinking about that short conversation made my stomach sick. I really hated that guy in high school although I don't hate him now, I still don't like him. I drained the water and dried off, hopped directly into bed and shut my eyes. Music still swirled in my mind, strobe lights illuminated smiling faces and whispers of jealousy circled. I drifted to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment