The afternoon is bright and beautiful, orange and yellow flecks of leaves already liter the lawn as I sit cross legged in the shade sipping some tea. And this is good company; The sunshine, a cool patch of grass, my iPod, a tall glass of ice cold peach tea and my thoughts, alone and lonely. The combination is ideal, I look beyond my neighborhood to the mountains and listen to the cars pass on the road below me. What does my future hold. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to manage my way out of this one. It's not the tribulations who make me who I am or who I will be, it's how I get through them. So this is it, yet another test from some divine power up above just beyond our sight and reach.
I can't help but to feel an over whelming surge of energy of my new found life, the things I am about to do, the things I'm about to see. I'm taking a new path in life and I can't help but to be excited for what comes next. The possibilities aren't limited to the sky, no, the sky is the limit for those who have wings, but the universe is the limit for those of us who dream. I can tell you know, I certainly am dreaming that's for damn sure. I don't know whats going to happen to me and I'm not sure if that is what I should be completely concerned about. I know that I am going to be okay. I know that I am going to survive. Survival is an instinct, but I've got a game plan.
The sweet sorrow of this reality hurts me but I know that this pain is only temporary. Soon enough I will be able to be happy to the ultimate fullest minus one thing, or I should say, minus one person. But that person has already made up his mind. Wish I could change it, but wishing never got anyone any where.
So, here's to my new life, exploring my options and possibilities and talents through a new job. That happiness comes first and not in a dollar amount written in ink with my name on it. More play time with my children, less arguments with my ex husband. Love for myself, my family, my closest friends. Here's to new friends in new places. To new adventures, new memories. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment